In honor of International Nurses Day (May 12), Decorah UU will listen to the experiences of nurses from our congregation and the wider community. The 2022 theme of International Nurses Day is “Nurses: A Voice to Lead–Invest in nursing and respect rights to secure global health.” How can we ensure that nurses get the education and training they need? How do we ensure they are justly compensated for their critical work? What do we mean by “global health,” and what roles do nurses play in securing it?
LIVESTREAMED VIA ZOOM: See Zoom Details for Sunday Services
- Masks are required for everyone at this time.
- Please join the service remotely if you:
- are unvaccinated;
- have any signs of illness now or in the last five days (feeling “bad,” cough, runny nose, fever, headache, body aches, intestinal symptoms, loss of taste or smell, etc.);
- have increased vulnerability;
- are uncomfortable gathering in public right now.
Share-the-Plate – Our plate recipient for May-June is Humane Society of Northeast Iowa. To donate to the plate recipient, you can Give Online. Or, if sending a check, please note “Share the Plate” in the memo line. Donations may be mailed to Decorah UU, PO Box 382, Decorah, IA 52101.
Topics: Public Health