October is National Bullying Prevention Month, and the 10th is World Mental Health Day. In honor of those observances, Pat Trewin, Decorah High School counselor, will be speaking to us about what our local high school does in relation to both bullying and mental health and how the school fits into the larger picture of mental health. He’ll also share how families and others can help.
Service leader: Nancy Barry
LIVESTREAMED VIA ZOOM: See Zoom Details for Sunday Services
- Masks are required at indoor services but are optional at outdoor services.
- Speakers at services will have the option to remove their masks (Unless Covid numbers in Winneshiek County rise above “Medium”)
- Please join the service remotely if you:
- are unvaccinated;
- have any signs of illness now or in the last five days (feeling “bad,” cough, runny nose, fever, headache, body aches, intestinal symptoms, loss of taste or smell, etc.);
- have increased vulnerability;
- are uncomfortable gathering in public right now.
Share-the-Plate – Our plate recipient for September-October is Meskwaki Language Preservation project. To donate to the plate recipient, you can Give Online. Or, if sending a check, please note “Share the Plate” in the memo line. Donations may be mailed to Decorah UU, PO Box 382, Decorah, IA 52101.