Our annual auction will be held Sunday, December 8 at the Decorah Senior Center. With less than a month to go, it’s time to start collecting auction items! See the list below to stimulate ideas for your donation.
If you are donating an activity, service or other item that won’t be physically present at the auction, contact Julie Ohde with the details (your name, description of what you’re offering, suggested starting bid).
If you have physical items you’d like to contribute, bring to Carl Peterson’s garage (contact Julie or check your email for location, etc). When dropping off your item, please attach your name, a description of the item, and a suggested starting bid. (If you drop something off but forget to include that information, contact Julie!).
Julie’s contact info: email Julie or 563-299-1854
Auction proceeds will benefit Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation’s Heating Assistance Program and our own fellowship. The auction will follow a brief service at 10:00 AM at the Senior Center.
Here are a few ideas to get you started, but you’re limited only by your creativity!
- Dinner gatherings: International? Themed? Vegetarian?
- Game night, music night, or play reading night
- A guided hike or a bike ride ending with a picnic lunch
- Lessons: language, bread making, sewing, or knitting
- Yard help: an hour or two of gardening planning, weeding, mowing, or snow removal
- Carpentry, plumbing, or home repair
- Computer help
- Homemade goods: bread, desserts, or other baked goodies
- Bounty from the garden, either from this fall or promises of sharing next summer
- Handmade, antique, or high-end goods that need a new home
- Photos, pottery, handmade crafts, artwork, jewelry